Cake Flavours Available

1) Vanilla Butter cake
with Vanilla Buttercream or Chocolate Ganache

2) Chocolate Moist cake
with Chocolate Ganache or Vanilla Butter cream

3) Rainbow vanilla sponge layer cake
with Vanilla Butter cream

4) Coffee-Coffee Cake
with Coffee or Mocha Butter Cream

5) Red velvet Cake
with Vanilla Butter cream or Cream Cheese Frosting

6) Orange poppyseed cake
with Zesty orange butter cream

7) Vanilla or Chocolate Cake
with salted caramel filling

8) Flourless chocolate almond cake
with Chocolate Ganache

28 July 2009

Cakes Cakes Cakes...

It's been a while since I've blogged here. To tell you the truth, I've been feeling a little bit lost in coming to grips with my cake making enterprise. There are so many things to think about that that's all I've been doing.

With a new oven and mixer promised, in the works, it's now time for some action!...



I've decided to bake a series of cakes for the Cakery so I can refine and re-test my recipes and garnishings so that it has a sense of continuity and standards.

This is a rough sketch of what is to come for people so that they will have an idea of what kinds of cakes I make. The three main cake sections are

Classics -
Cakes which everyone knows and loves and hopefully love more because it's done by the Cakery


Delightfully Sinful-
Cakes which are over the top, delicious and unabashedly sinful for calorie counters.


Sturdy Staples.
These are more stable sturdy cakes most of which are from my regular repertoire when I make custom designed cakes. These cakes are more hardy and can stand up to modelling into various shapes and sizes.


The plan is to make the cakes, decorate, garnish and finish them nicely and invite somne lovely people to come have a taste and see how it can be improved upon.

As the saying goes, There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch so I'm hoping to get feedback good and not so good on them in hopes of improving the variety and quality of the cakes.

I'm excited about this project!

It will take weeks and a few trial bake-runs to get it perfect!

Now off to the Lab to refine the recipes!.. ~cue maniacal laughter!

No comments: